The Chromecast by Google focuses on a different set of audience. They are not your general audience that your conventional streaming players focus on. But they can do everything your normal streaming player does. They can stream movies, music, TV shows and even webpages and applications. It does support a few games if you are into it. You have to control the device with your smartphone, be it iOs or android. You can basically play anything that the device can pick a link of. Read this blog to find out more about the Chromecast device and also about the setup process using chromecast.com/setup
How does Chromecast work?
Chromecast, similar to your streaming players, access the internet to stream the contents across the devices. It uses your mobile phone to fetch the link and run it through the Chromecast device to stream on your big screen. To put it in a simple way, the Chromecast acts as a mediator between your smartphone and the big screen, most probably a TV.
How to set up Chromecast using chromecast.com/setup?
First, complete the hardware setup of your chromecast.com/setup
- Connect the Chromecast device to the power source using a USB cable. You can use an adapter to connect the device to the wall or you can use it to connect the device to your TV.
- Just make sure you have steady and enough juice to run the device.
- Once you’ve completed the setup of your Chromecast, come back to your smartphone.
- Install the google home app on your device. This is a light-weighted app so the download will finish within a few seconds.
- Once you install the application, launch it.
- If you look at the upper right corner of the application, you can see the “devices” tab option.
- Click on it. Under this, select the “set up” option.
- Now proceed with the instruction that pops up on the screen to complete the process.
Linking your smartphone or tablet with the Chromecast
- There are two generations of Chromecast available in the market.
- With the latest model of your Chromecast, the pairing of the tablet or smartphone with the device is very simple.
- When you initiate the process by running the google home app, the device will be connected to the phone or tablet’s Bluetooth. If not, simply turn ON your Bluetooth option on your smartphone.
- The pairing will not even take more than a minute so you don’t have to complicate the process.
With the first generation,
- When you connect an older model Chromecast to your device, you have to go around a bit to complete the Chromecast setup process.
- You should connect the Chromecast to a temporary network it generates, most probably a wireless network.
- From your smartphone or android tablet, go to settings and select the Wi-Fi option.
- Here, you can see open networks available to your device.
- The name of the network will be unique and look different than the other networks.
- Choose a unique network and establish a connection with it.
You can use this method with your latest generation of the Chromecast too. So it is worth remembering this method in case anything goes AWOL.
Chromecast Setup Configuration
- Once your Chromecast is linked to your phone, launch the Google Home App to complete the configuration.
- When you open the application, the setup process will begin automatically if the app recognizes any unregistered devices.
- If the process doesn’t start automatically, open the application and click on the “Devices” icon at the corner.
- Your immediate device that needs to be configured will be the first item on your list.
- Select the device you want to set up and proceed with the process.
- Just complete the steps shown on your screen.
- You will see a code on your phone or tablet; make sure you see the same code on your TV.
- Once you verify the codes, you can proceed with the next steps like naming your device, enabling the guest mode and a lot of other things.
- As a final step, you can link the google account to your Chromecast device. This will help you bypass through many things and can also grant access to extra features.
What is guest mode while completing the chromecast.com/setup?
This is a feature on your Chromecast that allows the users specifically guests, to allow the connection to your Chromecast device to stream the contents through your Chromecast.
Your guests have to enter the PIN to access this mode, this comes in handy when you don’t want to give-in your Wi-Fi details to your guests.
How to identify the Wi-Fi network from your Chromecast device?
The wireless network from your Chromecast device will have a unique name like chromecast442 or such sort. This will help you easily identify the device you need to connect the network to.
What are the applications that you can stream on your Chromecast device?
You have access to many native streaming device applications like Netflix, HULU plus, HBO go, Spotify, YouTube, etc. Remember that the applications are not necessarily free to use. Just because you purchase a mobile phone doesn’t mean you will get your calls free, right?
As said earlier, Chromecast uses the smartphone as a remote control, so you don’t get a dedicated controller or gaming stick with the Chromecast device. Some people love this feature as a smartphone is a device that everyone relies upon. Just dig a foot deeper before getting the product, but to compile it short, the Chromecast setup is one of the best things that you can do.
If you need more information on chromecast.com/setup or Chromecast setup, do not hesitate to contact our customer support team @ +1-855-626-1730 or visit device activation site who are always on the lookout for you.